Spring Youth Retreat
Spring Awakening is our spirit-filled Spring retreat for youth to have fun,grow in their faith, and experience community. Awakening is a weekend of outdoor activities, a campfire and s’mores, small and large group devotionals and more!
- Spring Awakening Retreat Flyer
- Spring Awakening is at Rock Springs Ranch in Junction this year! This year’s retreat is two nights long. We will leave the church parking lot on Friday night at 6:00 pm and return Sunday at 12:00 noon.
- April 1-3, 2021
- Cost: $60 per student which includes: materials, snacks, meals,lodging, and activities. Deposits of $30 are due February 2, 2022, to hold the student’s spot. A late fee will be added for registrations between February 2 and 16, 2021. Registrations will not be accepted after February 16, 2021.
- Transportation will be provided to and from Rock Springs Ranch. Check in at Trinity UMC on April 1 at 5:30 pm and return to Trinity UMC on April 3 at 12 noon.
- Check with Carly Tallon to see if your student has coffee bar money available to cover the cost of Awakening.
- High School Bible Study
High School Studies
High School students have the opportunity to participate in seasonal book studies on Sunday nights.
- High School book studies are meant to help older students dig deeper into the Bible than during our Wednesday night programming. Studies are offered during Advent and Lent and focus on Jesus’ life, ministry, death, and resurrection from different perspectives.
- Our Advent book study covers Adam Hamilton’s Not a Silent Night: Mary Looks Back at Bethlehem and runs on Sunday nights from November 7-December 12, 2021 from 6:30-8:00 pm.
Connect with Us
Stay in touch and connect with triYOUTH through social media. We want to hear from you!
- Remind App
- Text TUMCY2021 to 81010
Parent/Guardian Photo Notice: triYOUTH occasionally takes photos and videos at our programs and events. If you do not want your child’s photo or video to potentially be placed on the website, in publications, or on social media, please let the youth director know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. When photos or videos are used, they will not identify students by name.
When youth come to any triYOUTH program, we want them to know that they are welcome here. We want them to fully be themselves, just as God created them to be, and to feel appreciated and loved. We are here to guide them along their faith journey through small groups, Bible studies, service, and fun!
Check out our great programs for middle school and high school students. Weekly Programs
Wednesday Night Schedule
- 6:00-6:30 Grade Level Groups for 6th-9th grade students
- 6:30-7:00 Dinner for all youth in the Family Life Center
- 7:00-8:00 Middle and High School Small Groups
triYOUTH meets on Wednesday nights for games, dinner, lessons, and service. It is a time of friends, food, fun, and faith for all youth. Students can build relationships through small and large group discussions and activities. No need to register ahead of time. Just grab your friends and join us each week!
Sunday School in Middle and High School small groups from 9:45-10:45
Grow deeper in faith on Sunday mornings. Students meet together for a time of games and small groups where they’ll connect with their peers and their adult leaders to study Scripture and discuss how it applies to their lives today. No need to register, just come on Sunday morning and join us!
The coffee bar serves an assortment of hot coffees, vanilla and mocha cold brew, hot chocolate, hot tea, and donuts by donation. Staffed by members of triYOUTH, the coffee bar is open Sunday mornings from 8:00-11:00. We operate by donation only and the youth who work the coffee bar earn money for retreats, mission trips, and other activities.
Registration for the 2022 Confirmation Class opens December 5, 2021 and closes on January 2, 2022.
Requirements and Schedule for Confirmation
- Attend Confirmation Parent Meeting on December 5, 2021 at 1:30pm in Fellowship Hall 1. There you will receive a packet of Confirmation information. The packet can also be downloaded HERE.
- Attend weekly Confirmation sessions on Sundays from 12:00-2:00 pm.
- Weekly sessions begin January 9, 2022 and go through May 29, 2022. We will take the Summer off, except for Confirmation Camp, and classes will resume on September 11. Confirmation will take place on October 30, 2021. (The full schedule is in the confirmation packet)
- To be confirmed, students should not miss more than 5 sessions,and should attend at least one of the Confirmation retreats. COVID quarantine, other illness, and family emergencies should be communicated to the youth director ASAP so that other arrangements can be made.
- Confirmation will not meet: April 3, 2021 or April 17, 2021 or on Summer Break from June-Labor Day
- Attend Sunday worship services at Trinity United Methodist Church at least once a month from January 2022-May 2022 (either in person or online). Be sure to register your attendance!
- Attend the Confirmation Ceremony Rehearsal on October 29, 2022.
- Attend the Confirmation Ceremony on Sunday, October 30, 2022.
- Students must be baptized before they can be confirmed. If they have not been baptized, please indicate so on the registration form in the Confirmation information packet.
What is Confirmation?
You may be wondering what in the world we mean when we say Confirmation. Confirmation is both when we commit ourselves to discipleship and when the Holy Spirit strengthens us to live as faithful disciples.
One question we get is, Do I have to be baptized in order to be confirmed? The answer is yes, you must be baptized before you are confirmed. Here is the good news: If you are not baptized, Confirmation also provides the opportunity for you to be baptized! Confirmation classes will prepare you for both baptism and Confirmation. And, you can be baptized the same day you are confirmed!
Confirmation classes prepare us for the journey of Christian discipleship. As we are strengthened with teachings about the Church and God, we learn how to live as faithful disciples. Please contact Carly if you have any questions or concerns. Confirmation is a big decision, but it does not have to be overwhelming.
In order to provide confirmands with extra support, each student will be paired with a mentor from the congregation. Mentors are there to guide confirmands, pray for them, and help with any questions the students have. They will also stand with the confirmands on Confirmation Sunday as they are confirmed into the United Methodist Church.
Sign up to volunteer with triYOUTH!
- Let us help you get connected in triYOUTH. Whether it’s being a small group leader, supporting special events, or helping behind the scenes, triYOUTH has a place for you!
- Link to Volunteer Hub All of our volunteers must complete a Safe Gatherings training. Training is renewedevery four years.
We encourage all who want to volunteer to work with our youth, children, and vulnerable adults to contact us with any questions.
Info for triYOUTH parents
triYOUTH believes that youth grow in faith when parents and the church work together to walk beside students on their journey of faith. Discipleship and growth happen not only in the church but also in the home.
triYOUTH Parent-Youth Director Calls/Meetings
The youth director is more than happy to set up meetings/calls with parents to discuss any specific parent needs, concerns, or finding the best place to get a student connected. Please directly connect with Carly Tallon by filling out the Contact Us form or calling the church office at 785-825-5270.